Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Fearless Elite
 Official PW Website
 Download PW

Forum Index
 News & Announcements
 Welcome
 Help Section
 Screenshots
 Game
 Alliances and Wars
 Basket

Cleric Attribute Question

2 posters

:: Game :: Builds

Go down

Cleric Attribute Question Empty Cleric Attribute Question

Post  JackB4u3r Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:41 pm

I want to primarily be a support character, rather than a attack char.

Would you recommend me a full INT stats (+9 INT, +1 STR) or +7 INT +2 VIT +1 STR in order to have more HP so i can survive on my own longer?

The biggest thing which makes me go for the +9 INT is the fact that cleric has shields for reflecting both physical and magical damage.
JackB4u3r
JackB4u3r
Newbi
Newbi

Back to top Go down

Cleric Attribute Question Empty Re: Cleric Attribute Question

Post  ColourBlind Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm

The Build

Though there are tons of different build for a character, they are mainly classified into 3 areas - Damage Type, Tanking Type and Hybrid Type.

Damage Type

INT STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor and rest of stats into intelligence. Leave your con and dex at 5.

This style of priest is sort of a mimic of mage. It has extremely high nuking power. It's main weakness is hp and low def. Hence int priest works better in party as compared to solo-ing. If a party is not present, such priest can always turn towards kiting for solo. But in PvP, players are not dumb enuff to aim the tanker instead of a INT Priest which can be killed in 2 to 3 hits. Hence you will require equipment that adds hp (unless you are such a hardcore fan of nuking power, than go for more nuking power for ur equipment) to offset ur weakness.

PROS: High nuking power and healing power.
CONS: Low hp

Tank Type

CON INT STR Priest - pump your strength and intelligence according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, rest of points into constitution. leave your dex at 5.

This type of priest has the highest tanking power but at the same time has the lowest nuking/healing power. But the tanking capability is only limited to magical skill since your physical def is still extremely low, it is highly recommended to use light armor instead of magical armor for this build if archer is more common than warrior. But please note that magical armor give you bonus to moving speed (20% if not wrong) which can prove to be really effective when running from mage/warrior/beast/fox (but has no effect against archer since they run... real fast it also has no effect on a warrior that activated his sprint skill and start dashing to u like some insane guy).

PROS: High hp pool and higher physical def
CONS: low nuking power and healing power

Hybrid Type - Recommended Build

INT CON STR Priest - pump your strength according to the minimum requirement for magical armor, pump your intelligence according to the minimum requirement for magical weapon, rest of points into constitution. Leave your dex at 5.

This build grants the priest about 30 to 40% more hp pool as compared to a INT Priest. But it also cause priest to lose about 20% nuking/healing power. But in a guild fight or PvP what is important is not ur nuking or healing power, it is to survive as long as possible and aid in the combat.

PROS and CONS: it has no pros and no cons since it is a hybrid.

Out of the 3 build, i strongly recommend the hybrid build. Reason is simply because damage is reduced by 75% when in PvP hence having a pure dmg build isn't really that wise. Considering the 2nd fact that most priest main job is not to kill in a PvP/guild war which thus reduce the advantage for having a pure dmg build.
ColourBlind
ColourBlind

Back to top Go down